You may at any time change your cookie setting for the Website, a cookie pop up banner will appear when you first land on the website. Below, you will find more information about which cookies we use and the purposes we use them for.
What are cookies?
There are two types of cookies:
- Cookies set by the website you visit.
- Third party cookies set by a different website than the website you visit. This happens when the website you visit references a file located outside, such as ads or photos.
As set out above, different technologies are applied in order to obtain the cookie information:
- Cookies: Small temporary files that are stored on your device (mobile, pad and PC) as you visit a website in order to identify your browser across visits (sessions) and websites
- Pixels: Photo files used to connect you to a third party website in order to activate cookies on the third party website. A pixel may read and send information to and from cookies stored on your device
- Scripts: Snippets of code which are necessary in order to activate a pixel, or which is used to identify your browser or device across sessions and websites
- Session storage: A form of script which is only applicable to an individual visit (session) and which thus does not recognize your browser or device across different sessions
Your cookie settings and consents apply to the following domain(s): https://www.homesecure.ie/ and the HomeSecure mobile application. You may use a third party plug-in to identify the cookies enabled on our website, for example Ghostery.
Deleting your cookies
You may disable or delete cookies through your browser settings:
- Disable Cookies: You can always disable cookies by changing the settings in your browser. However, you should be aware that if you do so, there will be features and services you cannot use. Here you can find more information about how to disable cookies in the most common browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
- Cookie deletion: Cookies can easily be deleted. If you use a PC with a newer Internet browser, you can delete the cookies by using the shortcut keys: CTRL + SHIFT + Delete. If these do not work, or you use a MAC or mobile phone, you must first clarify which browser you use and then follow the process outlined for your browser/app above.
Please note that if you use different browsers and devices, you must make the changes for all the browsers and devices. Disabling cookies may impact your experience on our website and the services we are able to offer. Please note that not consenting to marketing cookies does not rule out that you will see marketing from HomeSecure on other websites, but the marketing will not be personalized towards you.
As a starting point, we cannot identify you from the data comprised in the cookies. Furthermore, third parties such as Google and Facebook may also combine your cookie data with other data points they have in their possession allowing them to identify you. For more information about their processing of personal data, we refer to their privacy policies: Google and Facebook.
To the extent we process personal data about you through cookies, we do so based on the following legal basis:
- In relation to strictly necessary cookies, since without these cookies the website would not be able to work properly, your consent is not necessary and the legal basis is providing you the services you requested by using the website, as per GDPR art. 6(1)(f);
- In relation to analytical/statistical cookies, when they are not anonymous and collect personal data about you, we base our processing on your consent (until it is withdrawn) as per GDPR art. 6(1)(a);
- In relation to marketing and personalization cookies, we base our processing on your consent (until it is withdrawn) as per GDPR art. 6(1)(a);
- If you submit a contact form on a website to request that we contact you for marketing purposes, we will combine the marketing and personalization cookie data with the data in the contact form in order to measure the effect of our marketing measures and to provide you with offers adapted to your needs. This is based on your consent to us contacting you and to receive more information from us when you fill out and submit the contact form, ref. GDPR art. 6(1)(a).
We only store cookie data for as long as it is necessary in order to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was gathered, see the table below.
This website owner and data controller is HomeSecure, Eden Centre, Grange Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16, D16 HW01, [email protected]. Company number: 419113
Last updated on 01.11.2022